Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lord, Draw Me Into a Closer Walk With Thee

Five Good Ways to Tell if Your Walk with God is Shallow:
1. If you follow the Lord for only what He can do for you.
2. If you only pray to God when things are tough or you need something.
3. If you get mad at God or disappointed in Him when He doesn't do what you want.
4. If you love God only because of what He does.
5. If you think you have to beg God or twist His arm to get Him to answer your prayers.

I think we all have fell into one of those categories at one time.

The question is how to fix it:
1. If you love Him enough to ask Him what you can do for Him, then your realtionship is growing deep.
2. If you find yourself praying to Him many times a day just because you are growing deeper.
3. If you can praise God no matter what is going on in your life, then you are growing deeper.
4. If you love and reverence Him for who He is, then your relationship with Him is growing deep.
5. If you believe that God wants to answer the prayers you pray in line with His will, then your relationship with Him is growing deeper.

4 comments:

  1. I pray that I will not be shallow. I pray that God will take control over my life and I will let him. I have seen his miracles first hand and need not doubt.

    Magen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not go one day without praying to the Lord. I have saw many miracles in my lifetime
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is often times all about us and what others can do for us. I hope to make my prayer life fuller and better this year in '09.
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  4. HE has seen me thru all the dark times. I know
    that HE is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I have seen the mircles first hand.
    I could not have made it without Christ and His
    love for me. I pray for a closer walk with Him
    and a deeper prayer life in 2009.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete